Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July!!!!

We spent our 4th of July at the Indianapolis Zoo! It was a great day for it too! We went with my mom and my sister Tina and her kids. It was fun. We got to go see the Oceans pavillion this time. It was closed the ladst time we were there. Inside, we were able to 'pet' a shark. All of the kids except for Mia got to touch one. It was neat.


Next we were off to the penguins. Both of my boys are just in love with penguins. They were telling us about each species represented in the groups. It was so cute and I think Grandma learned more than she cared too ! hahaha

I took this video of Mia watching the dolphins swim around the tank before the show. She is so funny. She is showing you that they are swimming around and around with her arm movements! lol!





There were lots of stops for pictures as my mom is the 'original' shutterbug. I get my addiction from her! :) I love love love having pictures of my babies! In thier opinions, I have documented every day of thier lives in 10 minute intervals. lol hahahaha. Not quite but close! ;)

Everyone knows that Grandma Roxie's favorite animal is a giraffe. After much persuading from the kids- she got in line to feed them. So here she is.... saying ewwww after the giraffe tongue whipped her! hahaha!

Daddy had fun too. It was so nice for him to have the day off and be able to come! I know it meant alot to the kids! Here he is with Mia checking out an Elephant. Mia is ducking, as she thinks his ear is flapping too close to her! lol



I of course was soooo excited about the butterfly pavillion. When we were here before it had just opened and there weren't very many hatched. But today, they were all over. I had a hitch hiker or two while we were there and one was licking my neck- it was so funny. (and it stung a little!)

Caiti got one too.....
and we passed it around-carefully of course, as we were instructed not to touch thier wings!....


Here Seth is with a Blue Morpho-my fav! They are irredescent blue/purple. It landed on me and I passed it off to him, but Mia would have no part of it!

We even got Thane to give it a try!


Well, it was soooo much fun and I can only show so many pics here online! So, if you didn't get your Wilson Family fix with these, just give me a call and I'll bring over the laptop! hahaha lol!

No comments: