Sunday, May 27, 2012

Caitlin Graduates!

I cannot tell you how mixed my emotions are this weekend.....  We have been dreaming/dreading this day since her birth! =]  Every parent wants their child to grow up, be successful and spread their wings to fly, but in the months and days leading up to this accomplishment and new phase of her life,  I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking for the rewind button!!  Oh, how does a mother ever master the art of the release?? 
 Caitlin is a very successful, capable, bright young woman with the whole world waiting to be explored and we couln't be more proud of her!  What an amazing feeling to watch your daughter grow into the person you dreamed she could be!  My heart may explode before it's over... =]

 I have it easier than most, as Caitlin will be staying at home for at least the first semester or 2 of her college experience. She will be attending The International Culinary School at The Art Istitute of Indianapolis.  Her first 12 weeks classes are compacted into to full days, so we will commute and possibly stay overnight in a hotel for the night in between. It is cheaper than renting an apartment for the month, and she can still work her job here in Columbus.


Her Grad party went great, she had a wonderful turnout of family and friends, got some really great gifts and even a little extra cash for our upcoming Germany trip. =]  I know we all feel very blessed.


No comments: