Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Indianapolis Children's Museum

Our family loves the Children's Museum. We have a season pass and go as often as we can. It is amazing to see all of the things for the children to do and to learn! They are remodelling a section that has not bee changed since I was a little girl. I am excited to see what it looks like! The newest addition to the Museum was the DinoSphere wing. I love it!! Thane and I have visited it before on a school field trip, but this was our first family visit. It was a big hit! Thane is digging for Dinosaur bones in this picture!

Seth checked out some real bones in the lab! Check him out with a claw. The exhibit was complete with an I-Max type wall all and ceiling where it actually felt like we were in prehistoric times. It went from night to day and also rained-much to Mia's dismay I might add. She was bawling and squalling!

Mia was all over the place, but found one of her favorites.....a BIG DOGGY! lol. It of course is the biggest dog-meaning Clifford, and even though she has no idea who he is-she LOVED him!

I loved the Fireworks of Glass exhibit! It was amazing! All of these hand blown glass things were clustered together to make a beautiful collage. There were also plastic pieces that
the kids could assemble in various places to make their own art! The girls are giving me the 'classic' star wars pose with these pretend glass sabers! LOL! There was a huge tower of glass in the center of the museum that was 4 stories tall! It was breathtaking. My fav was the glass garden shown below. I wanted to buy it and take it home! Who knows where you put something like that though. Could you imagine my gang with that in our house?!?! Right! You should make a trip to the museum to check it our before it leaves in September!

No comments: