Wednesday, May 14, 2008

CONNER PRAIRIE FIELD TRIP

I was invited as a chaperone with Madeline's class to Conner Prairie. I must admit that I have not been there since I was on m y 5th grade field trip! LOL So, I was pretty excited to see it gain myself. Although, the kids went with my mom 2 yrs ago. Anyway... sidenote ...isn't it funny how things lose their size as we get older...I mean it looked so small! When I was younger it seemed gigantic. I get the same feeling when I revist North High School and or even King's Island...anyone else feel the same? Ok moving on....

So, I rode up with 2 other moms and it was great to get to meet some other Parkside Parents!

In this house, we learned about how they spun the wool and how they dyed it different colors. to my shigrin and udder disgust, I learned that Red 40 which is a color added to lots of food and drinks that we consume EVERY DAY is derived from a maroon colored worm!! EWWW They dry the worms and crush them into a fine powder. Then mix with water to create a dye. Again, EWWWW!!! So, since then I have been label reading to see just how many worms, ack, I am consuming each day. Ack ack!


















Madee never did figure these things out. I didn't even try , so don't ask! LOL. There were no backs on the benches in the classroom. We agreed that we are thankful to have those now! =]
I enjoyed the trip and got some really cute thank you notes from the girls in my group!


No comments: