Sunday, August 17, 2008

Take me out the ballpark....

Today was FAITH DAY at the Red's Stadium. It was soooo much fun to be there watching a game. It is like the perfect close to this summer! We were excited to see that it was also Back to School weekend and the kids got free Red's backpacks! =]
We invited Preston to attend with us as he is a huge Reds Fan and of course, because we like him. lol Here they are before the game started.
The boys were keeping cool in the shade and were often the runners for our snacks! (which I am embarrassed to say, we tried all the snacks...hotdogs, nachos, pizza, ice cream, pretzels.,..you name it...we ate it! - and why not right?!?) lol
We love the Red's, but it was also great to see Albert Pujols, as he is one of the best hitters in the league. However, he did not fare well today with only a few hits, none major and only one run. It was sad.
The park was not full but look how many people were here! It is an unbelievable number! -dont you think?
The kids loved the fireworks and the hoopla involved when there is a Red's homerun! Mia stayed at home with my mom or that noise alone would have been enough to have her wailing! lol Some kids behind us successfully got the wave going around the stadium. It was so much fun to see it circling around. It was Seth's favorite part. Well, maybe second to his foam finger. It was the singular souvinier purchase. And, unfortunately, I dont have a pic of him with it...

Oh and I was saving the best for last!.....There was a post game concert with MERCY ME!!!!! We love them and I am so excited we got to see them live..It was AMAZInG to say the least!

What an incredible day!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Looks like a FUN day:)
We need to take the kids to a game. I am from Cinti and have not been FOREVER and I mean FOREVER:(
I ask N if he was in any of C classes and he said he did not think so.