Saturday, November 29, 2008

OK OK OK ...so we moved... =]

We have been praying for a miracle for 2 years now! I am so excited to tell you that we have moved! Just across town- not out of state. It is such a blessing! Long story short, we have had trouble with financing and buying a new home seemed impossible....but nothing is impossible to God! So, there was this house..... we drove by it everyday- twice a day for almost a year. It would sell and then the buyer wouldn't get financing. It even sold at auction...same thing. =] Little did they know that we were secretly throwing our mojo at it everytime we drove by! =] My kids and I would pray that God ould work it out- that some way some how he would deliver us into this new home....and HE DID!!!!!

So, this is it.... it is not new and it is not fancy, but it is OURS! It was built in the late 60's and at the time was a big deal custom home. So it is beyond solid. And it's just a bit quirky which describes us to a T! lol =] It has 4 bedrooms- we will make it 5 by converting the den area into a master suite. All the girls have their own rooms and the boys are sharing the large former master bedroom, and it has 2 and half baths! Living room, dining room, big kitchen-plus a basement! The circle cut out is a scream- don't you think? lol We can't wait to show the exterior some love this spring. We intend to paint all the rust color with a nice sage green and trim out all the brown with a white or cream. I of course will keep you posted. So Brady bunch right?


We immediately went to work and painted all of the rooms inside. I painted the family room green. I really like this color...it is darker than my previous family room. There is a bay window too, which I could not get in either of these shots, but I added a pic of it with our holiday village on display. =]















The dining room is cool! I love having all the space. It is weird to not be eating in the kitchen area- as we have been doing that for over 12 years! But very cool to know that we have the leaves in the table and still have plenty of room to expand with company! I painted it a pretty yellow called golden corn.










My kitchen worried me at first. It looked so small, and I was not wild about the cabinets. They looked very dated and needed some attention. The former color in the kitchen was a limey green but it totally washed out the cabinets. So, I chose a pretty red called cinnamon apple. It warmed them right up! I found out that the cabinets are all hand made and are made of pecan wood which was custom to the home. So, we will keep them and possibly spruce up the finish soon.

There is a small bar area that we will get stools for and it has the double ovens like the Brady bunch had! What a hoot! I like the stone from the fireplace on this side too! very cool.


So, that is all I have pics of so far. we are still moving things in and out. The kids rooms are all done but a huge mess right now as they are getting things put away. I will post pics of them soon!

2 comments:

Diana said...

I love the bar in the kitchen area and love the colors you painted:)
I will have to "look" for you as I am sure I drive by as much as you did!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
finally I got to see your house,
it`s pretty no kissing,
I have to be there,
tonns of love,
Nazym