I just wanted to give a big shout out and hug to my mom, Roxie today!! She is the big 6-0, but I will forever have her immortalized at the age of 36. I remember a vacation to Gatlinburg, Tennessee when I was 15..... Mom and I were shopping downtown when we were approached by some really good looking guys. They were clearly too old for me to date, but they continued to flirt and eventually invited us to a party that night.... I remember remarking, "OH MY GOD, she's my MOM!!! AND SHE'S 36!!!" hahaha
Not alot has changed, and yet everything has changed since then. She's still my best friend, the first one I call and my sounding board for advice. I'm all grown up now, in theory, and I have a family of my own, and sadly, I too have ventured past the magical age of 36.... but I love you mom and I am excited about the years we still have in front of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment