
Caitlin's Cheer team- COLUMBUS POWER ELITE had an exposition today for all their friends and families. It was great to see what they have been working on so hard all summer! We had a special place in this years event, as every year they choose one girl to give a small speech on a topic like dedication, leadership, etc... Well this year's topic was TEAMWORK. And, they chose Caitlin to do it! We were so proud of her and what she wrote. Her is her giving the speech and then a copy of what she said:
Teamwork
By Caitlin Wilson
We all have a dream,
A dream to be the best we can.
A dream to achieve this little thing called perfection.
But dreams can’t just be granted like many of us wish, they require effort and perseverance.
It’s much easier to achieve greatness when we work together, this is called teamwork.
Members of a team are always there to support each other; they bring out the best in each other, both in skill and personality.
We as individuals, with our dreams of perfection contribute to the team’s dream of perfection.
Each of us is a part of the dream, no matter how small. We are all needed and important, all stars.
There will be hard times and long practices, but with the encouragement of our teammates, the experience will only make our dream more attainable.
We will have great times as well, milestones we will achieve. They will add another rung to our ladder of success.
We have other helpers along the way too, little pick-me-ups if you will.
They are known as fans.
Our friends and family give us encouragement and inspire us to chase our dreams and never give up.
They give us presence in our performances and fuel our will to win.
I think I speak for all of the squads and coaches when I say that we can never thank our families enough.
I have seen great potential for all of our squads this year, we all have high hopes and the same dreams.
I have a strong feeling that TEAMWORK can make our DREAM work.
Oh my goodness can you believe it? My baby wrote that! My chest was, and still is, so swelled with pride!!- Especially, when she asked- 'Mommy, can you proof read this and tell me what you think?' I teared up when I read it. =] Ok, so I have had my proud momma moment and I thank you so very much for letting me share it with you! =]
Preston and his mom Buffy came to watch the expo with us. I know Caitlin appreciated seeing them as well!

Here is a video of the routine. It is not high quality and I apologize for that. I had the small camera today. =[ It looks to be a cool routine with lots of places to upgrade as we progress through the competition levels. This year we are starting at level 4 and will progress potentially to level 6 by the end of the season! =] The Tuck toss in the middle is a level 6 move! Even with the couple bobbles in this performance, I am super excited about it!
1 comment:
Hey to the my fav family!
Caiti I am proud of you, you are so talanted, please stay like this always :).
Sonja time goes so fast,your babies are getting older, stronger, bigger! it`s sad but at the same time you can see the result, you and Gavin putting alot to your babies, hope the result will be fruitful for everyone,
you have a nice family!
Love and miss you,
Nazym!
Post a Comment